Costco Chicken Bake Recipe: How to Make It Easy at Home
This Costco Chicken Bake recipe tastes just like the Costco chicken bake! The homemade dough is wrapped around chicken pieces, cheese, bacon, grilled, and topped with creamy dressing. There’s no need to wait in line for one!
These Stromboli-style chicken bakes are available at Costco’s food courts. You can also make them yourself at home! You can make your own dough or use store-bought. We use store-bought dressings for the dough, but we make the dough at home. Use shortcuts wherever you can!
You can even make your own chicken bakes! You can determine the cost of your meal and be the one cooking it. Making homemade pizza dough is much easier than buying it at the grocery store. Copycat recipes are welcome at Panera Bread Frontega Chicken Panini and Outback Steakhouse Bread.
How to make Costco Chicken Bake
Did you ever go to Costco so you could eat the delicious Costco Chicken Bakes?
Yes, I have. It’s difficult not to dream about them. Especially since bacon is involved. Who doesn’t dream of bacon? You may have a serious problem if you don’t.
I’m totally kidding. Please don’t take offense at my silly writing, 4 am, up, before the kids scramble it.
Although Costco offers the option to buy their Chicken Bakes frozen and premade. There’s something that draws me in more about freshly baked chicken bakes.
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oils, divided
- 1 lb. Chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh grated Parmesan plus additional for sprinkles
- 1 lb. Pizza dough
- 1/4 c. Caesar dressing
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella plus additional for sprinkles
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- Egg wash
- 2 tbsp. Chop parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cook bacon on medium heat in a large skillet. Place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels. Once drained, chop into small pieces. Clean the skillet.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet on medium heat. Season chicken breasts on both sides with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken in a skillet until it is golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes. Let the chicken rest for five minutes in a skillet before cutting it into small pieces.
- Divide the pizza dough into two parts. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread half of the Caesar dressing on pizza dough. Top it with half each chicken, bacon, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Make a long log out of the pizza dough. Continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer logs onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and brush with egg wash.
- Bake the dough for approximately 25 minutes or until it is golden.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley.
How do you make Costco Chicken Bakes at Home?
- Before assembling the chicken breasts, marinate them in Caesar dressing.
- Slice the pizza dough into 6-ounce pieces. Press the dough into a rectangle of 7×5 inches.
- Use a basting brush to spread Caesar dressing onto a piece of dough.
- Place the marinated chicken on each dough piece along the 5-inch border.
- Sprinkle mozzarella, green onions, and chopped bacon on chicken.
- Roll the ingredients tightly and place the 5-inch border on top. Don’t fold the ends in. As you roll the bake out, it will grow in length.
- Bake should measure approximately 11×2 inches.
- Sprinkle Caesar dressing on top of the baked goods and then dredge with shredded Parmesan.
- Bake the cake until it reaches 165°F.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Source: Recipe Goldmine, &Costco Wholesale
Homemade pizza dough
This Costco chicken bake recipe is made with homemade pizza dough. It was inspired by a New York pizza maker who shared a 50-lb recipe in baker’s percentages! To make the Costco chicken bake copycat, I reduced the recipe and added sugar. This recipe is the closest I have ever seen! Refrigerated pizza dough makes those bubbles that you see on chicken bakes in the food court. You can at least get an idea of what is in your food if you make it yourself. Although the dough is simple to make, fermentation is necessary. You can cut out the steps and use pre-made pizza dough, as Kitchn did with their Costco chicken bake recipe.
You will be full just from the Chicken Bake. These are big meals! If you’re looking to add a little more flavor to your meal, pair your Chicken Bake with:
- Caesar Salad– Homemade Caesar is better than the canned variety. This recipe is quick and easy to make!
- Garden Salad– Simple garden salads are always welcome at the dinner table.
- Broccoli Cauliflower SaladBroccoli and cauliflower salad is full of crunchy vegetables and served with a creamy dressing.
Is it possible to freeze Costco chicken bake?
The Chicken Bake can be frozen raw or baked. You can either line a baking sheet using parchment paper or spread the Chicken Bakes on it. To allow each piece to freeze completely, place the whole baking sheet in the freezer. After the baking sheet has frozen, take it out and put it in a freezer-safe bag.
These are the instructions to heat your Chicken Bakes
- Frozen raw: Let cool on the counter, then bake according to the instructions.
- Frozen baked: Thaw the mixture on the counter, then heat in the oven for approximately 5 minutes.
Is Costco Chicken Bake Healthy?
Costco Chicken Bakes are high in calories. It is possible to make your own chicken bakes if you are more knowledgeable about the ingredients. And can make them yourself. The Costco Chicken Bakes are high-carbohydrate, so you might want to skip them if you’re on a Keto diet.
Is Costco Chicken Bakes ready to eat?
Costco offers frozen chicken bakes in limited quantities. Costco sells the Costco chicken bakes online. They can be frozen but I believe they can be thawed and baked in the oven every day.
What’s in the Costco Chicken Bake Recipe Recipe?
- ChickenCostco claims that it uses chicken breast strips with rib meat and a water solution. This sounds like frozen-grilled chicken breast to me. This recipe will help you make your own freezer-grilled chicken breast strips.
- Bacon– Cured bacon. This is obviously cooked. Here’s my favorite way to make freezer-friendly bacon.
- CheeseMozzarella and provolone cheeses are among the cheeses. The Mozzarella, Provolone, and Parmesan are likely used for filling. However, Parmesan can be used as a topping. Personally, I only used Mozzarella to make the filling. However, I have used Parmesan and Mozzarella as the tops before. Final verdict: Mozzarella makes a more crusty top. Parmesan, on the other hand, is typically grated finer and creates a finer texture. To get larger chunks of Parmesan cheese, you can grate it bigger.
- Caesars Dressing-Probably a creamy type. These ingredients are listed in the ingredient list. They include soybean oil, water, and corn vinegar. Ranch dressing has been a good alternative to Caesar’s dressing.
- Green onions are listed in the ingredients list for chicken bakes, but I did not include them. They don’t have a distinct green onion flavor, so they aren’t necessary.
You will need the following ingredients to make them at home:
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breast strips (freezer-type, thawed).
- 1 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Divide 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesars dressing
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
How can you make Costco Chicken Bakes Recipe at home?
Costco chicken bakes are made with their signature dough and filled with the traditional chicken bake filling. Fillings include chicken, bacon, cheese, and a creamy Caesar’s dressing. You can make this recipe at home by using pizza dough. Prepared with grilled chicken pieces, bacon bits, and pre-grated cheese.
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Step 2Divide the pizza dough into four equal pieces. Each piece should be rolled out to a rectangle measuring 11×8 inches. Set aside.
- Step 3Mix all ingredients together. Reserve 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese for topping.
- Step 4Place 1 cup of filling on each piece of dough. Fold in the sides slightly and begin rolling the dough from the bottom. Place seams on a greased sheet.
- Step 5:Tops should be brushed with the reserved dressing. Sprinkle with the reserved cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes on the bottom rack.
How to make homemade pizza dough for Costco chicken bakes
Click the link to see the complete tutorial for the homemade pizza dough I used in these Chicken Bakes. Follow the recipe, and make 4 pizzas by using one portion of the recipe.
Can I buy store-bought pizza crust?
If you don’t make your own pizza dough, you can use store-bought dough. But, I believe you will get more satisfaction making your own.
Is it possible to freeze Homemade Chicken Bakes?
It’s possible, considering Costco sells frozen chicken bakes. It seems that they are baked partially before being wrapped individually. If you are making homemade dough, bake the dough for 10 minutes, then let it cool, and then freeze. Frozen chicken bakes take around 35 minutes to bake and 4 minutes to heat up in the microwave after being removed from the freezer.